Watch the 15th episode of Phantom of Inferno (Requiem for the phantom). If you are interested in the opening song track of this episode then click here and if you are interested in the ending song track then click here
. Click on the image below to support the artists.
Following information has been related from Wikipedia regarding the anime series:
and Kadokawa Shoten
have adapted the story into an anime series produced by Bee Train
under the direction of Koichi Mashimo
, titled Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom
. Staff members include writer Yosuke Kuroda
, who co-wrote and supervised the scripts from the staff writers Gen Urobuchi
, Hideki Shirane, Noboru Kimura, Tatsuya Takahashi, and Yukihito Nonaka and designed by Bee Train artists Yoshimitsu Yamashita, Mutsumi Sasaki, Minako Shiba, Yoshiaki Tsubata, Tomoaki Kado, and Yoko Kikuchi
The series features music by Hikaru Nanase
and theme songs by Kokia
and Ali Project
The series went on air on April 2, 2009 and ended its run on September 24, 2009 on TV Tokyo
. Subsequently the show also airs on AT-X
, TV Aichi
, and TV Osaka
The anime series is now available for internet streaming by FUNimation Entertainment
The complete series was released in English on two DVD sets January 18, 2011.
The series made its North American television debut on February 8, 2010 on the Funimation Channel
- The title character of the story, Zwei was a perfectly ordinary tourist from Japan, before witnessing an Inferno assassination in America and being kidnapped. He was able to elude his pursuers long enough for them to realize he had a natural survival instinct that was perfect for an assassin. He had his memory erased through a combination of drugs and hypnotherapy, and thus became the second generation Phantom. The name Zwei is simply a code name to show he is the second experimental assassin created by Scythe Master. Through Claudia, one of the three top executives of Inferno, Zwei is able to learn his true identity as Reiji Azuma. When he returns to Japan, he goes back to using this name. When his killing intent shows, in the anime, his eyes turn green with orange in the center.
- Game: Voiced by: Kōsuke Okano
- OVA: Voiced by: Takahiro Sakurai (Japanese); David Keefir (English)
- Anime: Voiced by: Miyu Irino (Japanese); Newton Pittman (English)
- An assassin with such skill she was given the codename “Phantom”, a designation given only to the best killer in Inferno. She was found by Scythe Master and was his first test subject to be given his assassin-processing treatment. She has no memories of her past and is incredibly apathetic. When she escapes to Japan, she changes her name to Elen and claims to be Reiji’s twin sister. A long and rigorous investigation by her and Reiji traces her history back to Ulan Bator, Mongolia, and though the trail ends there, Elen is able to find some peace in the area. In the OVA, she is shown to have an older brother, and it is suggested the village where she lived was massacred. Her name is erroneously spelled and sometimes pronounced as “Eren” in the anime. In the game, it is spelt and pronounced “Elen”.
- Game: Voiced by: Omi Minami
- OVA: Voiced by: Omi Minami (Japanese); Mela Lee (English)
- Anime: Voiced by: Ayahi Takagaki (Japanese); Lindsay Seidel (English)
- A beautiful executive of Inferno who is quick to befriend and manipulate Zwei. Though she seems to have good intentions, she is quietly manipulating Inferno and its actions. This cunning and double sided nature is never shown in the OVA.
- Game: Voiced by: Kikuko Inoue
- OVA: Voiced by: Kikuko Inoue (Japanese); Cindy Robinson (English)
- Anime: Voiced by: Aya Hisakawa (Japanese); Colleen Clinkenbeard (English)
- Claudia’s loyal childhood friend and bodyguard.
- Game: Voiced by: Ai Orikasa
- OVA: Voiced by: Ai Orikasa (Japanese); Megan Hollingshead (English)
- Anime: Voiced by: Akeno Watanabe (Japanese); Shay Moore (English)
- Scythe Master (Helmut von Giuseppe)
- A scientist with sadistic delusions of grandeur. He is the creator of Ein, Zwei, Drei, and the members of the Zahlenschwestern. He is referred to as Master Scythe in the OVA dub.
- Game: Voiced by: Ken Narita
- OVA: Voiced by: Kazuhiro Nakata (Japanese); Dave Mallow (English)
- Anime: Voiced by: Isshin Chiba (Japanese); Kent Williams (English)
- A brutal executive of Inferno, and leader of the Los Angeles gang, the “Bloodies”.
- OVA: Voiced by: Shinpachi Tsuji (Japanese); Kirk Thornton (English)
- Anime: Voiced by: Hideo Ishikawa (Japanese); Rick Keeling (English)
- A quiet and calculating Colombian drug lord who other executives of Inferno are quick to obey. His family name is erroneously spelled “McGwire” in the OVA and the anime.
- OVA: Voiced by: Sho Hayami (Japanese); Steve Staley (English)
- Anime: Voiced by: Susumu Chiba (Japanese); J. Michael Tatum (English)
- A young girl who is unaware that her father is a boss in the yakuza. Reiji goes to her high school when he and Elen escape back to Japan. Mio soon finds herself developing feelings for him.
- Game: Voiced by: Junko Asami
- Anime: Voiced by: Ami Koshimizu (Japanese); Leah Clark (English)
- A young girl that tried to hire Zwei, thinking he was a killer for justice, by using money she had unknowingly stolen from Inferno. Zwei tries to hide her from Inferno but is unsuccessful and in a move to save her life asks that she becomes his assistant as he had been to Ein. After an attempt on his life, Zwei took her for dead and was forced to leave America to go into hiding. Cal believed that she had been left behind by Zwei and was manipulated by an exonerated Scythe, who turned her beliefs into full hatred for Zwei and trained her as his third assassin, Drei. Her clothing and situation-teenaged girl trying to hire an assassin to avenge her murdered sibling, beginning to fall in love with said assassin, and learning the art of killing herself-are very similar to those of the character Mathilda from the film Léon. In the anime she is a fan of old films. Her method of dueling, waiting until the music from the pocket-watch Reiji gave her has stopped, is a reference to For a Few Dollars More.
- Game: Voiced by: Satomi Kōrogi
- Anime: Voiced by: Miyuki Sawashiro (Japanese); Brittney Karbowski (English)
- Six girls who all went through Scythe Master’s finalized assassin creation process. They are nearly the same quality of killers as the first three, and took nowhere near as much time to train since the process to make them was based on all the original three’s data. They all wear white carnival masks (similar to ones Zwei and Ein wear during one of their missions at one point) and are named: Vier, Fünf, Sechs, Sieben, Acht and Neun. “Zahlenschwestern” appropriately means “Number Sisters.”]